Cornwall Airport Newquay
Ayrborth Kernow Tewynblustri
Please note this website is being updated. For information about the disruption end dates please see the updated Cornwall Airport Newquay Community Impact Timeline.
The G7 Summit will bring unavoidable disruptions to the Newquay area. Measures are being put in place to ensure the safety and security of the event for both residents and the delegates.
Alongside our partners, we will endeavour to ensure that disruption to local communities is minimised as far as possible.
To keep residents safe, the following security measures will be put in place.
Venue, road closures and parking restrictions
- Around Cornwall Airport Newquay – there will be several road closures and parking restriction orders in place around the airport for the duration of the event, beginning at 6am on 9 June and ending on 11.59pm on 13 June.
- There will be temporary road closures on the A3059, New Road, part of the Tregaswith Road and on the B3276.
- There will be a 'no parking/tow away' zone - see Newquay Access Map here or in the sidebar to the right.
- Watergate Bay will be accessible from the Trevarrian/Tregurrian direction.
- Airspace restrictions will be in place from 9 to 13 June.
- Cornwall Airport Newquay will remain open for scheduled flights as normal. Please check the website for further information.
- Lands End Airport and Penzance Heliport will both be open as normal.
Residents and access to restricted areas
- When vehicle checkpoints are in operation, access through the checkpoints will only be possible for people who live on the closed road.
- Residents will be required to show two forms of current identification to gain access to their home within the restricted area.
- Businesses within the security perimeter and in the immediate vicinity of Cornwall Newquay Airport will be contacted directly by the Cabinet Office to agree access arrangements for staff and deliveries.
- Schools outside the restricted area may be impacted due to some of the travel restrictions/delays. Please check directly with the relevant school for updates.
- Some school bus services will be revised and information provided to schools in advance.
Essential services/care workers
- Residents who receive essential council services or help and support from volunteers will continue to receive those services.
- All providers who need access via the checkpoint will need to have a current work ID badge and a statement of purpose, for example a letter stating the provider name and location(s).
- Emergency services are working to ensure normal service will be provided.
For further information, please take a look at the Newquay Information Leaflet here or in the sidebar to the right.
Please revisit this page regularly to check for updates. We are engaging with those most affected face-to-face, but ask you to help us share this information with those you may know who aren’t online. For a downloadable leaflet about changes in the Cornwall Airport Newquay area, click on the blue link or on the image in the side bar to the right.
Further information about the Summit can be found on our FAQs page.
For news alerts via text, email or phone visit: alerts.dc.police.uk