G7 Summit community newsletter
21 May 2021
Welcome to the latest issue of the Police G7 Community Newsletter. Only 14 days remain before the Summit begins and we are working hard with Local and Central Government and our partners to make the final arrangements.
G7 drop-in surgeries
The G7 Engagement Team have been holding drop-in engagement sessions this week. Details of the remaining sessions are below:
- Friday 28 May: St Mawgan Post Office, St Mawgan 6pm – 8.30pm
- Saturday 29 May: Tesco, St Ives 9am – 11.30am
- Saturday 29 May: St Ives Harbour 1.30pm – 4pm.
- Sunday 30 May: Tesco, St Ives 9am – 11.30am,
- Sunday 30 May: Trenwith Car Park, St Ives 1.30pm – 4pm.
Resident and business information
Devon & Cornwall Police have released information leaflets to inform local people of route closures and diversions. Maps of Carbis Bay and St Ives, St Mawgan and Falmouth are available on this website.
Please encourage your friends and family to sign up for the free Devon and Cornwall Alert service, provided by the police. We will publish live updates and alerts throughout the event and it is the best way to stay informed by text, voicemail or email.
The South West Coast Path in Carbis Bay will be diverted for the duration of the event for security reasons.
Great Western Railway have confirmed that Falmouth Town Railway Station will be closed between 10 to 14 June. Penmere and Falmouth Docks Stations will remain operating as usual. For more information, please see the Great Western Railway website.
Please do keep an eye on the G7 website for updates in relation to footpath closures in Falmouth. Information will be released on the website as soon as it is confirmed.
Great Western Railway have provided the following update in relation to rail service provision:
The St Ives Bay Line will be closed from 0001 Monday 7 June to 1200 Monday 14 June with a rail replacement bus service in operation and journey times will be extended.
St Erth to St Ives direct - Monday 7 June to 1200 Monday 14 June:
- Rail replacement buses will operate approximately every 30 minutes between St Erth and St Ives
- The rail replacement service will operate from Trenwith Car Park in St Ives, instead of the Railway Station. A shuttle bus service will be in operation between Trenwith Car Park, Royal Square and St Ives Bus Station
- The coach road route will be used throughout, and journey times will be longer than normal
St Erth to Carbis Bay - Monday 7 June to Wednesday 9 June, and again Monday 14 June until 1200 only:
- Rail replacement buses will operate approximately every 30 minutes between St Erth and Carbis Bay.
- The rail replacement service will operate from bus stops along the A3074 instead of the stations:
- Lelant Saltings – Woodlands bus stops (one service per day)
- Lelant – Village Hall bus stops (hourly service)
- Carbis Bay – Longstone Cross bus stops
- Journey times will be longer than normal.
- Customers travelling from Carbis Bay to St Ives should use the local bus services T2 or 17 from stops on the A3074.
St Erth to Carbis Bay Thursday 10 to Sunday 13 June:
- No rail or replacement bus services will operate
Passengers are advised to check journey plans online at GWR.com for latest information and be prepared to travel earlier to maintain connections with mainline services at St Erth.
G7 community impact
The community impact timeline is now available in a table format.
Stay in touch
Do you have information for us or our partner agencies? Do you have a question? Use these contact details to get in touch with Devon & Cornwall Police, or our key G7 Summit planning partners:
Devon and Cornwall Police
- To report an incident or information: www.dc.police.uk
- For questions relating to policing the G7 Summit: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The new G7 Policing website: www.dc.police.uk/g7